Monday 12 November 2012

Yarn Along


I have not done a yarn along in a while so I thought I would start this bright and chilly November week off with some cosy woollies and a good book.


 


Yarn Along


First of all, I have a confession to make. I absolutely HATE knitting on double pins, I hate it with a passion. It has taken me quite a while to find a basic knitting pattern for baby, child and adult mittens done on straight pins. Perseverance won out though and this is the pattern I have been making over and over this Autumn/winter LINKY and it could not be easier. The yarn is James C Brett, monsoon.


 


Yarn Along


I am really enjoying this book. I would urge you not to be put off by the slightly 'Mills & Boon' title, because the subject of the book, the Paris wife, is Hadley, the wife of the late  (great) writer, Ernest Hemmingway. The books starts in Chicago in the 1920's at the time that Hadley and Ernest met, and follows them to Paris where they set up home and have a baby. The book is written from Hadley's viewpoint, so even if Hemmingway isnt your style, this book might still appeal, especially if you are interested in the 1920's and 30's art and music scene. I can recommend it (so far, I am half way in).


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment