Friday 1 March 2013

Instead Of The Phone Dump

I really didn't have 15 photo's on my phone this week, to do a Friday Phone Dump (see last Friday), so instead I thought I would show you the things I picked up in the charity shop today. There are 6 charity shops on my way to and from nursery and I do pop in to them fairly regularly. I also moan quite a lot about the pricing in 4 of the 6 shops because I feel they are far too over priced. The Salvation Army shop seems to be the best for bargains and that's where today's purchases are from.


tablecloth vintage brown yellow stripe


Striped tablecloth - £1.99
I know it is spoiling the look by plonking a big monitor on top of this, but the room is also a functional room and  this is what we do in here (download things, watch TV, and tucked underneath is a PS2 and a PS3).


vintage starburst sunburst clock 1970s



vintage starburst sunburst clock 1970s

Clock £1.99
Would you call this a starburst clock? I guess it is sort of. Anyway, it suits the room very well, and so far seems to keep good time.


london glasses landmarks egg cups vintage


Glasses / Egg Cups - £1 for the set
These London Monument glasses were so cute I couldnt leave them behind at £1. When I was very young, I was given a lemonade in a tall gold rimmed glass and cordial undiluted in a glass just like these, every New Year. It was the children equivalent of  'a pint and a nip'. I may have to reinstate it for Oscar next New Year.

And finally since I don't much like putting photo's of myself up, I will slip this in at the end, a vintage style 'Skating Hat' I knitted for myself in a couple of hours (I can see myself knitting up many colours of these for next winter).


vintage skater hat knitting pattern


If anyone wants the pattern, let me know and I will write it up.

Have a lovely weekend
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. That hat's wonderful, I love the colour. Great scores, too. That clock's really groovy and a right ol' bargain! Happy weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat, would love the pattern.
    The eyelashes in the post below look fab too (and the boots), I have never had much success with false lashes either, but now I might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete