Tuesday 29 January 2013

WHILST ILL IN BED

Not again, I hear you say? It is going round and around and really, its time to stop. Duncan has enforced a day in bed this time to see if I cant shake this cold/ chest infection/ throat infection / dodgy tum thing off once and for all.

I have not been totally idle though, I read some of my new (to me, don't you love 10p book sales on Amazon, I certainly don't begrudge the postage when the books are under £1), book.


answer simple love spirit book


I am liking it so far, but I have read a lot of books in this genre which seem to lose my interest half way through, so I will reserve all judgement until the end. AMAZON LINK

Before writing this post I was about to look through my vegetarian cook books to give Duncan a recipe for dinner. Cooking from scratch in an intuitive manner is all well and good, but it often fails to translate well to someone who isn't in the kitchen every day. I have been able to ditch the cook book though and I am sending Duncan a link to Vix's Blog VINTAGE VIXEN, thanks Vix, that was impeccable timing.

What else?, well, I have  been lying here planning. I have planned out a major room change around in the dining room and lounge. It has been on my mind for a while that the spaces are not being well used, but now I think I have some solutions.

And, I have planned out some painting projects, which have got me so excited I really want to leap out of bed and get started (Duncan would send me back though).

And also while I have been lying here we have had some deliveries



Himalayan rock salt lamp

A Himalayan crystal candle holder. I have wanted one for ages, and finally just ordered one last week (it is sitting on a mini backgammon set, it does not come with a base).


And


Dove farm self-raising bread flour


Groceries, but primarily, Dove Farm Glutten and Wheat Free Flour. We are going to give it a go and see how we do. Giving up shop bread has not been too difficult so we will see how this bakes up. I have self-raising for cakes and white and brown bread flour. It is quite exciting.

Ah well, time for a bit of down time. I hope to back out in the world again tomorrow (possibly even re-arranging furniture).

Valerie
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You poor love, hope you get better soon and that Duncan's dinner turns out as tasty as our's.
    Jon's making bread for tea, the smell's making me salivate! xxx

    ReplyDelete