Thursday 10 January 2013

Yarn Along

Sometimes when I take Oscar to the yarn shop I try and point him towards something like this.



debbie bliss cashmerino aran


Unfortunately, being just 3 years old, he can set his heart on something (for new mittens) and no amount of persuading can talk him around. So we ended up with this.



green yarn knitting pattern mittens


Ah well, as long as he will wear them thats all that matters, because his little hands have been nippy in the mornings.

I am using THIS free vintage pattern, but omitting the clown (because I dont like it). It has to be one of the easiest mitten patterns ever, and I have almost finished the second mitt without having to check the pattern.

And on to the books :



alyis fowler, vegetarian cooking, patio gardening


There is a bit of a vegi theme going on here, right. I have only dipped into each of them a bit, but so far they all look ok. I bought the student cook book because some of the reviews said, low cost simple vegetarian dinners for everyone, not just students. I was a bit disappointed when the first 'recipe' was a hard boiled egg, with instructions on how to cook it (surely their parents have shown them how to boil an egg before they go off to university?). But it does get better, with some vegi dishes long since forgotten by myself. (remember corn chowder?  I used to make that in the 1980's).

Here are the links if you are interested in checking them out further.

The Thrifty Forager: Living Off Your Local Landscape by Alyis Fowler

The Vegetarian Student Cookbook by Hamlyn Cookery

Patio Produce: How to Cultivate a Lot of Home-grown Vegetables from the Smallest Possible Space by Paul Peacock




yarn along


PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AT THE END OF EACH POST - I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

THANKS

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment