Wednesday 13 November 2013

Yarn Along


READING

Well, I am Still Reading Jesus The Christ by James E Talmage. I cannot stress how much I love this book, and my slowness in reading is completely down to how tired I have been lately. We (in my Church) are also reading The Book Of Mormon from start to finish by years end as a challenge from our Bishop so this is impacting on my time to spare for the Talmage book. What I can tell you about this book is that it really focuses on Jesus and the people and places he had direct contact with. It also explains a lot of the customs and traditions in the time of Christ, which I feel is incredibly relevant to the biblical content. Surprising things I have learnt (among many others), are, there was not 3 wise men necessarily. There were 3 gifts, but no mention of how many wise men/ kings there were. Also, Leprosy was not contagious in the time Christ lived as a man, it was in fact connected to malnutrition, which is why it traveled around families. Background details I know, but I am interested in these sorts of things.



You can read this book online for free if you are interested - HERE

KNITTING

As I mentioned yesterday I am working on a few things just now, and I have a pile of wool waiting to go  (I need to stay off the internet really).
I did however finish the WEE BALACLAVA I was making for Oscar. He had requested one that would cover his cold lips and be stripey and rainbow coloured (including pink).




Sorry for the dodgy picture, I will take more when he wears it outside.

Oscar was extremely pleased with it and said it was very hot, maybe too hot. I doubt that though, he has probably forgotten how cold December and January are around here. I think I did good with this.

Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along

Valdree
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment