Friday 29 November 2013

The November Edition of TSW Daybook



Outside my window...
It is a cold dark night. We can't see the stars from here, nor the Christmas lights on the main street where we live, but the windows of the church across the way are glowing faintly yellow against a navy sky. The little Firethorn bush is waving wildly in front of the window, and we are waiting to see the train passing which brings Daddy home from work.

I am thinking...
About Isaiah 40:31

"31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

And I marvel at home much comfort the scriptures give when I knew so very little of them, not so long ago.

I am thankful..
For my family, my daughter who is on her own journey right now, my oldest son, a man now with a home of his own and busy and fulfilling life, my little son, just 4 years old who sings to me every day, and my husband who travels far to put food in our mouths and warmth in our home.

In the kitchen..
We have lots of thanksgiving leftovers, turkey and potatoes and beans and pies. Dinner will be easily prepared tonight.

I am wearing...
A black velvet dress, that falls half way between the knee and the ankle with 3/4 sleeves. I have a long silver chain with a silver and mother of pearl pendant around my neck and silver creole earrings in my ears. My feet are bare (as usual).

 I am creating..
I have just finished writing an article for the church newsletter. Tonight I will be finishing off the lesson I am preparing for Sunday. I have secret knitting in play.

I am going...
To church tomorrow to help serve a St Andrews Day lunch for the over 65's.

I am wondering...
If Oscar will make it to bedtime without a major melt down

No comments:

Post a Comment