Friday 2 October 2015

Get Thee Behind Me Oh Hideous Week

This week has been a total stress pot from start to finish, the highlight of which saw Oscar pulling a refrigerator shelf out by accident and spilling full pots of cream, yogurt and sour cream onto the kitchen carpet (who thinks kitchen carpet is a good idea!). It in itself would be fairly stressful, however since it occurred the night before our flat inspection the stress levels hit the roof.

We are in need of a good tenant recommendation because the landlords have decided to sell and we need to move out (by November 10th). It is a nightmare property hunting here because there are so few places available. On the day we got our notice the local paper headline said 'No New Properties Built In The Last 3 Years, Despite 7000 Families On The Waiting List'  

I have spent the week trying to give my kids, my flat, my shop, my family, my friends, my church and my God a fair share of my attention, and really I feel spread too thin. Throw in a parents evening with one parent absent, and a no show (or as it turns out late show and incomplete), amount of child support, the constant battle of bed times V's video games/Facebook/Skype/You Tube/messenger, and I am done.


Here I am now, lying on my bed in my work clothes too tired to even get undressed.




Not yet totally defeated however, I am still able to dig deep and count some blessings,

  • an excellent parents night report
  • Aimee has a job interview
  • I got trendy new glasses for next to no cost
  • I had freezer meals made to cover the gap
  • I saw a potential flat
  • the landlords said the flat 'seemed ok'
  • the kitten survived her holiday at my sister's
  • and on checking my phone I found Oscar had taken some pictures after dinner at my Mother's house








And if you are a member of MY CHURCH then you will be like me and looking forward to General Conference weekend.
Have a great week END.

No comments:

Post a Comment