Sunday 2 December 2012

Celebration Day

Today is my 43rd birthday, and I can't quite believe I have gotten so old so quickly. Its more than that though, its also mine and Duncan's 7th Wedding Anniversary. We have been together for over 13 years, and in that time we have been through the good and the bad. 


I guess its ineviatable to look backwards on days such as these, and feel some regret for the times that have passed.


 


Anniversary
My wonderful Dad has died since Duncan and I married, just a few shorts weeks before our first child together was born, robbing us of the joy of seeing our son with his Grandad.


 


Anniversary
Grandma Rose died just 14 months after my Dad. She spent the last months of her life clicking her tongue that her son had died before her, when she so desperately wanted to be reunited with my Grandad who died in 2002.


 


Anniversary
My Mum is in hospital right now. She has been there for 6 weeks, looking like a fraction of her former self, with no signs of her coming home. Her health has declined since loosing my Dad.


But, as sad as I am about the things we have lost along the way, I am thankful every day for the things that we have.


 


Anniversary
We have each other, and we have the children, both big and small and not even nearly here at all. I never underestimate how important that is.


Its certainly a cause for celebration in this house.


Happy Anniversary my Darling


I will Love You


Forever


xxx


 


Anniversary
Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment