Thursday 6 December 2012

Persuaded By The Elf

I have to be honest and say, when I first saw Richard The Behavior Modification Elf over on Kat's blog, I wasn't convinced. I didn't have any big objection to the principle of the Elf, it was more a case of finding Richards little plastic face a bit scary. I went to the Elf On A Shelf Website and although I liked the 1950's feeling the dolls have, I thought it was probably a non starter because they were American. I then decided to look them up on Amazon and found that you can indeed purchase the Elf on a shelf doll and book for the sum of £29.95 + £2.95 postage. I don't know about you, but with all the other things I have to pay for at this time of year, that seemed like a bit too much?


So I did what any good knitter would do. I converted my DOLL pattern and turned her into An Elf For My Shelf.


 


Elf
I also went back on to Amazon and bought the Elf On The Shelf DVD which only cost me £7.99 (a much more palatable number), and I am pleased to report that Oscar loves them both.


Obviously I dont have time to go knitting up Elves to sell in time for Christmas, so I have put the pattern up for sale on RAVELRY and ETSY for the very low price of £1.70 (because I asked myself what I would pay for it, and that's the sum I came up with).  


So, if you fancy an Elf For Your Shelf,  pop over to either website to buy a pattern, I am a fairly basic knitter so I can guarantee they are quick and simple to make.


 


{ ETSY }




{ RAVELRY }


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment