Tuesday 12 February 2013

Housewifery - Bathroom

Yesterday was cleaning day, and I have to be honest and say I have become fairly slack when it comes to making my own cleaning projects. We have a vinegar spray in the kitchen, but with the supermarket selling 'eco' products it has been too easy to pick them up instead of making my own. I was feeling motivated yesterday (despite still recovering from flu), so I looked up some new cleaner 'recipes' on the internet, and got to work.

Cream Cleaner

  • 1 cup of baking soda
  • 1/4 cup of white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of dish washing liquid
  • 3 tablespoons of soda crystals
  • 1 tablespoon of sea salt
  • 20 drops of essential oil (today I used pine needles - 'Pinus Sylvestris')
Slowly combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a non metallic spoon or spatula. Decant into a jar, for storage. This can be left on high soap scum areas for a few minutes before being scrubbed and rinsed off.
Multi-Purpose Liquid
  • 1 cup of distilled water
  • 1/4 cup of dish washing liquid
  • 1 cup of baking soda
  • 1/4 cup of white vinegar
  • 20 drops of essential oil
Slowly combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a non metallic spoon or spatula. Decant into a spray bottle, for use.
Glass Cleaner
  • 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
  • 1/4 cup of vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
  • 2 cups of warm water
Combine everything in a spray bottle and shake well.

Results
I found that all of the cleaners worked well, but the liquid cleaner had a tendency to clump at the bottom. It definitely could not be sprayed, but could be poured on to a cloth and used to wipe down, or diluted into a bowl/basin/the sink with water and used that way (probably the most economical way to use it).


1



2



3



4



5



6
This was in my Grandma Rose's bathroom when I was a girl, and I claimed it as mine when she  passed away, it is a Mabel Lucy Attwell LINK

Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment