Monday 7 September 2015

Don't Judge Me, I'm Doing My Best

The really hard part about becoming a single parent is being responsible for everyone and everything (in and around your home).
I cook, clean, do laundry, make snacks, do the school run, do the homework, pack the bags, read the scriptures, organize lifts, outings and family home evening. I do the ironing, pay the bills, decorate, do the DIY (although a friend in church does the shelf putting up), fill in about a gazillion forms, check teeth are cleaned, faces are washed and dirty clothes are in the laundry bag. Not to mention make beds, read stories, supervise bath time, pack swimming gear, do the grocery and every other type of shopping and pay for it. And, if that isnt enough, I have started my own business, with exactly 0 staff so again its all up to me.
I try really hard .............
To find the positives, to get everything done, to be awake and alert at relevant times, to be a mother who is present and a business owner who is giving a new business 100% and to be a Christlike Disciple of our Lord and give of my time and my compassion within my church.
Sometimes though.................
I fail. The apartment is a disaster zone, I am winging it in the shop and flying by the seat of my pants, I don't spend enough time with my family (both old and young), and I feel like my desire to serve Jesus Christ is much greater than my ability.
Please don't judge me though, I am doing my best and sometimes its all we can ever do.


Philippians 4:13

 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.


Did I forget to say 'feed the cat'?




No comments:

Post a Comment