Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

river sunshine



We  had the most glorious day of sunshine here, but to be honest I really struggled throughout the day. Oscar went into nursery like a dream but I was so tired, physically, that I had to drag myself along the street. I had some shopping to collect in town, which meant I didn't have time to go home before collecting Oscar again. This meant 2 hours of wandering around. I felt too awkward in my body to sit in a cafe and drink tea, so despite the tiredness I walked and walked. The thing I wanted to buy the most were a specific type of sandal for Oscar and I couldn't find any, which made me annoyed. I met the sister of on old school friend just as I was going for the bus and stopping made me miss the bus. I waited 20 minutes on the next one making me 10 minutes late collecting Oscar. He was sitting in the chairs in the foyer with the secretary when I got there and I felt DREADFUL. The secretary was nice about it, she must have read my panicky face pretty well.
In the afternoon I gave in and had a nap on the sofa while Aimee played with Oscar and his sandpit but even when I woke up I still felt terrible.
Some time around 5pm the rain started and it poured and poured and poured, and when the rain started I felt much better. Its an odd one, but I am not questioning it. Whatever the reason, I am glad to be feeling better.


rainy window


No comments:

Post a Comment