Thursday 5 December 2013

Yarn Along



READING



A friend gave me this book for my birthday, and although I wont have time to knit from it until after Christmas, it gives me something to look forward to (Duncan also got me a Debbie Bliss pattern book).
This book is for beginners and intermediates and has some lovely patterns, I am looking forward to getting started. AMAZON LINK


KNITTING





Another SNAPPY HAT for the missionaries (Christmas), this time in James C Brett MONSOON, this colour way is S4 in the link.

For a 70% acrylic 30% wool yarn I think this is really great. Obviously the Mirasol Sulka is fantastic for knitting these hats (SEE HERE) but it is not cheap to buy, and so I am happy with this blend as a cheaper alternative.

I actually made one last week in this yarn (colour way S3 in the link), and gave it to Duncan as part of his anniversary gift, and he said last night that it was very cosy. 


Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along


Valerie
xxx

1 comment: