Wednesday 5 February 2014

▲ A Bit Quiet ▲

Things are a bit quiet around here just now. But we are all fine. Christopher (my oldest son) came for dinner and asked 'what's new with you guys', and we had to honestly say, 'nothing'. It is entirely possible that we are being prompted to conserve our energies for things just over the horizon. 

Oscar has been playing a lot of Minecraft (newly discovered).




We have continued with the family scripture reading each night, based on THIS and despite some resistance because it is cutting in to playing time, I think it is going down quite well.

I made this cake for the missionaries



Which being honest, is the first bit of baking I have done in a while. I was won over by the title of the recipe 10 MINUTE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE. It was really good with a dollop of cream.

I have been knitting and reading and watching You Tube videos and going up and down to school and cleaning the house and cooking and doing laundry. All very domesticated and not in least bit glamorous but I have been very much enjoying these quiet days with no drama, I hope they last a little bit longer.



Valerie
xxx

2 comments:

  1. "No drama" is pretty wonderful. :) There is so much magic in the mundane. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty great, but I accept it with a pinch of caution lol
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete