Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February

Outside my window -
The sky is grey and there is a light drizzle, often connected to the seaside in winter.

I am thankful for -
My family and my home and the love I feel, for and from, others and The Lord my God, and Jesus The Christ, who are always present these days.

In the kitchen -
We have lots of cake leftover from Oscar's birthday/party. The lunch dishes need washed and dried and the washing needs put over to the dryer (it seems these things are a constant)

I am wearing -
An ankle length dress,  cream in colour with narrow black horizontal stripes. A grey chunky 2 button 3/4 sleeve cardigan. Nothing on my feet. My wedding ring and engagement ring and tiny sliver ball earrings.

 I am creating -
A black crochet shawl for myself, and plans in my head for a new project

I am going -
No place today because my Home Teachers from the Church are calling round and then the missionaries are coming for a lesson and then it will be bath time and dinner time and bedtime.

I am wondering -
If I will ever be free of anemia and shake off this tiredness (the afternoon fog of tiredness is rolling in)

 I am reading -
A Year Of Biblical Womanhood by Rachael Held Evans (and loving it)

I am hoping -
That the rest of the day will be accomplished with peace and happiness

I am looking forward to -
Being in my husbands arms when he returns from work tonight (and kisses from my baby boy who is 5 years old now)

I am learning -
About The Creation in our family scripture reading 

Around the house -
Oscar is playing Minecraft and filming himself on my new Flip Video camera.  Aimee has her head in her laptop as usual. The cats are asleep on the back of the sofa and all other rooms are empty.

I am pondering -
The phrase 'Biblical Selectiveness'  and what a strange insult it is to throw at one faith or another. I know we don't practice many things which are in the Bible, and nor would we want to

A favorite quote for today -
 “People often avoid making decisions out of fear of making a mistake.  Actually, the failure to make decisions is one of life’s biggest mistakes.”  – Rabbi Noah Weinberg

One of my favorite things -
The blanket I crochet for myself for use on the sofa - I use it ALL the time and it is so cosy.

A few plans for the rest of the week -
To read lots, to knit and crochet, to start a sewing project, to work out a meal plan based on a new cook book, and to be mindful and pray with real purpose.

A peek into my day -








1 comment:

  1. You look so cosy on the sofa, I wish i could do that right now - but I have a mountain of clothes on it!
    Thanks for the link to that dress remake - what a fab idea! x

    ReplyDelete