Wednesday 14 May 2014

Yarn Along



Knitting




I am currently knitting a snood for myself.
I tried a few patterns out, and ended up not liking them much.
This one, I am making up myself, I am really just keeping my fingers crossed,
since my knitting isnt 100% the best.
The yarn is acrylic (I wouldn't experiment with expensive wool),
and although the picture does not show it too well,
it is white with a sparkle in it. 
I figured the acrylic would be lighter for this time of year anyway.
(they are £1 for 1x50g ball or £2 for 3x50g balls from Poundland 
(they have a few colours, I bought the navy blue sparkly as well)


Reading




We are lucky enough to live in a nice little suburb with the beach at the end of our street, lots of little cafes, an Italian ice-cream shop and a castle. 
We are however part of a fairly large working class city
on Scotland's east coast.
I don't think we could live a life any further removed from the life
the Amish community lives.
 I find their whole lifestyle fascinating.
It helps that they live a very Christian life of course,
but that aside, the peaceful simple life still has an amazingly strong draw.
I am enjoying this book, but there is nothing startlingly new in it

If you are interested in the Amish lifestyle this film is good






Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along


Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment