Monday 6 February 2012

Monday Again - 52 Week Challenge - wk 5

Oscar and I started the day with a little craft work at the dining table. It felt like a good idea to just jump into it rather than procrastinate.


Today, I showed Oscar one of my most favorite things 'The Laminator' (said in the voice like the TV show The Gladiators lol). Duncan thinks its cute how much joy I get from laminating things (I am sure its in a slightly patronising way though). Anyway, we did some tissue paper and laminated stain glass window art.


 


A 004


 


A 005


 


A 006


 


We felt it was important to have some spiders on our windows, as you can see.


 


After that was done I finished off the Elemental Elves, who have been sitting on the dining table all weekend (waiting for hats and cloaks).


 


A 009


 


A 014


 


Each one was delivered into Oscar's waiting hand and I only just managed to get the photo's before they were scooped up again.


 


Since Oscar was suitably occupied with them (and snack and juice provided), I decided to get on with something I have been really keen to try.


Every year at this time I feel the effects of the central heating, biting winds and too much rich food (and drink, Baileys Irish Cream, yum) over Christmas. For 5 years in a row my skin has been dreadful in February and March, and even Duncan has noticed his skin breaking down a bit this year. When I saw THIS recipe for home made moisturiser I really wanted to try it, so I shopped on Ebay for Wax and Coconut Oil. You can get all of the ingredients and instructions on BOHO MAMA'S page, but here are my photo instructions.


 


A 018
1oz of Beeswax


 


A 016
2 clean glass jars


 


A 019
50g Organic Coconut Oil


 


A 017
Finely grate the Beeswax


 


A 020
Put the Coconut Oil in a cup and fill up with Organic Virgin Olive Oil


 


A 022
Pour the oil mix into the Beeswax and heat with the double boiler method


 


A 023
Make one cup of Organic Chamomile Tea


 


A 026
Put the tea (not the bag), into the blender and slowly add the melted Wax and Oil until it emulsifies


 


I seriously underestimated how much it would make so I had to grab another jar from the recycling.


 


A 028
It feels and looks gorgeous, it is hard to believe it isn't edible


 


A 029
I will try and remember to report back in about a month how effective it has been.


 


And finally - 52 Week Challenge - Wk 5 - Recipe Books


Full details on week 5 can be found HERE on the challenge website.


My recipe books received a huge cull when we moved back to the city in August so this was not too difficult for me. I don't have any loose recipes because I started a 'Mummies Favorite Recipe' notebook last year. If I find anything online I want to make I simply copy it into my notebook (instead of having loads of print-outs stuck inside other recipe books.


I moved the basket of books from the kitchen to a shelf in the dining room (which connects to the kitchen anyway).


 


A 002
I had about double this amount last year


 


And I chose 3 books to live on the shelf in the kitchen


 


A 001
The Tassajara Bread Book, which Duncan uses to make the bread


The Wholefood Cookbook, which I use for loads of things,


And my Recipe Notebook.


 


And that was that. This coming weeks challenge is


Week #6 Organized Home Challenge Trash And Home Recycling Center


I think I may be asking Duncan to lend a hand with that one. Check back next week for an update.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



 



No comments:

Post a Comment