Tuesday 14 January 2014

▲ NO SNOW YET ▲



Everyone here has been talking about snow for the last 4 days. We haven't had any snow yet this winter which is fairly normal for the coastline here in Scotland. My eldest son supports his studies by working part time in a sports shop and he told me that sledge sales shot up yesterday.Oscar's sledge is waiting and ready, and Duncan is keeping his eye on the forecasts because often the trains stop in heavy snow and we wouldn't want him stranded at work.

Despite the lack of snow, yesterday was bitterly cold and the wind was howling up the little streets off the sea.

This is an aerial view of our street


We cranked up the heating (after nursery) and cozied in with our favorite things. Oscar watched a Disney movie, and ate some of these


And played with his action man toy (his first one ever, £1 from the Save The Children shop).


Telling his Papa on the phone about his new toy


I had some little treats of my own.



The December edition of the Church magazine, finally turned up (I don't know why it was late)



Some sweets, Ginger Creams yum-yum-yum



A new knitting project (details later in the week)



And some lightly scented candles

All in all it was a fairly good day, despite wearing 4 layers of clothes and having the heating on full tilt. I still havent gotten around to painting the lounge and the sewing project is still in a bag, but I will get them done eventually. I am quite contented under a crochet blanket on the sofa for now.

Valerie
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment