Wednesday 8 January 2014

▲ A WEE NOOK ▲

With Oscar back at nursery this week, the inevitable post Christmas sort out/spruce up has began. I have a pot of paint at the ready for the lounge (fireplace) wall, but with a migraine threatening (again) yesterday I decided to go for something a lot less strenuous.
I began a sewing project last week, which I will hopefully be able to show on the blog some time soon, but in the midst of the sewing I had to acknowledge to myself that my sewing stuff was in a real mess. Things were scattered around the house and the sewing kit box contained a giant ball of tangled threads with random sewing objects trapped in among it. It took me much longer than I had expected, an hour and a half, but I eventually sorted it all out and made myself a wee sewing nook at the desk in the dining room. Duncan uses the desk when he is working from home so the less desk space used the better, this is how it turned out.












I am fairly happy with it. My sewing is very much at the beginners stage so a whole sewing room (or even a whole desk), isn't warranted, but this will be just fine for an easy tidy up after 30 minutes of glaring at my wonky stitching ;-)

Valerie
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment