Tuesday 25 October 2011

A New Path



Yesterday Oscar and I went on a nursery visit. At the time I was fairly happy with the nursery, but today I am having doubts. I cant tell yet, if it is the nursery itself, or if it is my feelings about separating myself from Oscar.  I am going to arrange a visit at another nursery either today or tomorrow, and then I may be able to tell what is causing the doubts.

For the majority of us, our babies are the shining star in our universe around which we orbit, exclusively for the first few years at least. Having 2 older children, I have experience of this already, but its amazing how we forget. As a mama of a 2 year old and a 22 year old, I can tell you without a doubt, the first time and the last time is the most difficult. The first time our little precious is left with daycare is heart-wrenching, but make no mistake you will feel exactly the same when the are all grown up and leave home for good (even if they are off having a lovely/drunken time at Uni, just like you did).

Oscar ran off into the nursery yesterday without a backwards glance, and he stayed in the dining room and then the playroom while I had a tour. He did not ask for me once. I am taking this as a good sign, but I also know the novelty may wear off once the penny drops, (mum is not staying here and I am).

Anyway, it was a busy little day yesterday, with the nursery visit, a trip to the museum toilets (funny how toilet trainers need to go to every toilet they have ever been to as soon as they see it), a wander around the blustery cemetery, The Howff, which is featured in a great book by the way Witches Blood, and a bit of shopping.

At 5pm we scooted home to the cabbage and ham in the slow cooker. Daddy came home at 6pm and Mama, for the first time ever, went out in the evening, to my first life drawing class in 15 years. I had a wonderful time, and it has resolved in me that its not just Oscar needing a new adventure, I do to.




2011-10-24 14.41.21

2011-10-24 14.40.45


2011-10-24 14.38.27 I wouldn't say I was 'proud' of them, but I am proud of my effort. I look forward to improving over the weeks/months.



Valerie

xxx

Footer_banner


No comments:

Post a Comment