Friday 13 January 2012

Friday Shopping And Fish

Does everyone still have fish Fridays? I seriously doubt it, but its still quite a thing here. I had it throughout school (fish and chips in the dinner-hall), I had it in the hospital when I worked as a nurse, I had it at art school in the canteen and the fish-man still comes around in a van on Thursdays and Fridays. I suspect its more of a traditional thing now as opposed to a RELIGIOUS act, but never the less, we do partake of fishy food on Fridays. So with that in mind, when the afternoon was calling us outside I threw some lovely ingredients (a bag or prawns, 5 pieces of white fish, a chopped onion, some sliced green beans, a sliced leek, a can of coconut milk, some boiling water and some bullion stock), into the slow cooker and headed on out.

I thought I would show you the area we moved to, (the area I desperately wanted to return to), so I took the camera with us.
The  little cottage is opposite the bus stop and once upon a time was a corner shop, but it stopped trading when the owners passed away
We took the bus a few stops and got off further down the road

The church is for sale if you are the market
The street is where I lived on my very own for the first time
Scary but exciting times
There are quite a lot of shops here, including all the usual grocery stores and a variety of more unusual ones
There are quite a few churches on this road too, It is such a shame about the scaffolding, I hope they can afford to have it repaired soon, its a lovely building really
Apart from all the churches, there are many bars, cafes and restaurants, some of which are fabulous to eat at. Unfortunately one of the least attractive buildings further down the road is the art school. I always think its such a pity that this place of wonderful creativity is so uninspiring to look at
On the other side of the road is a little garden area with a much more inspiring outlook
And finally the wall of windows is the home of the students union, and anyone who was at art school with me will agree that the less said about that the better
On my travels down this long and very diverse road I picked up some coloured felt, a sketchbook, some taramasalata (for Oscar), some Wasabi mix (for Duncan), and some organic porridge. Quite a successful trip out. By the time we got home the fishy stew was ready and even though it was 4.30pm it was only just getting dark. Hooray for the return of the light.


garden

river

river

river

perth road

cottage

sleepy

church

union place

shop

st Peter's

agacan

church

the gate fellowship

doj

river

river

students union

sky

No comments:

Post a Comment