Thursday 19 January 2012

Just A Thursday

Thursdays normally play out alright around here. The food shopping gets delivered (before they hike the delivery cost up for weekend shoppers, even though the vans will be fuller and therefore it should be less, but anyway, I diverse), Friday is just around the corner and we have left the dreaded start of the week (Moaning Mondays), behind us. 


I/we attempted a little bit of crafting today because despite being more resolute to keep going with it after Christmas, we really haven't done all the much. We kept it simple today and made some paper lanterns.


 


1 002


 


1 004


 


1 005


 


We have put some of those battery operated 'candles' in them (3 for £1 from Poundland), but I have to admit that at the time of the photo there was only one in the left lantern because the other 2 had been taken upstairs to aid with ghost-hunting.


I had a routine Doctors appointment this afternoon so we had to wrap up against the wind again. Oscar was tired and soon dropped off in the pushchair, as you can see.


 


2012-01-19 15.20.32


 


When we arrived home Oscar started to cry for chocolate. Oh dear, what has all of that Christmas indulgence done to us? I offered him an After Eight Mint (the only chocolate left in the house), and he was not impressed and asked for 'chidrens chocolate'. Well, what else is a Mama to do?


 


1 008


 


They don't even look real, but they are. Rice Crispies, cooking chocolate, raisins and edible glitter. Apparently this was just what he wanted and went off quite happy after eating one (or eating 3/4 of one and smearing the other 1/4 all over his face).


In other craft news, I have knitted the back and started one side of Oscar's birthday cardigan, but I have put it down just now to do a shoulder shawl for my Mother-In-Laws birthday, Pattern Here. I haven't done anything like this before so its slow going. And finally I am still making the birthday crown, which is also slow going, but mostly due to my tiredness.


1 010


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment