Monday 19 March 2012

Happy Mothers Day (?)

G 016


 


For one reason or another, Mothering Sunday was not that great for me (a tooth cap falling out into my breakfast and the central heating breaking down to name but 2 reasons). There are a few other things going on which I cant really talk about on the blog (for now at least), which also overshadowed the day.


Come bedtime Oscar was as tired as me and asked to cuddle up in Mama's bed before he went to his own bed with Daddy for a story. We climbed into my huge bed and snuggled under the blankets and had a cuddle and it was lovely. My eldest son called on the phone at that moment to wish me a happy mothers day (he couldn't come over because of work commitments), so Oscar chatted to his fairly absent big brother and I was happy to have spoken to all of my children today. The day ended better than it started and Duncan and I were both snuggled up for sleep by 10.30pm, giving us the energy to start another day (or in my case, face the Dentist, 'shudder').


A poem for all the Mama's out there.


Spring


A sense of warmth is tapping at the door;
And hope, a feeling out from distant lore
– Or so it seems – clears the deep refrain!

Emerging youth: a dormant lea awakes.
The raging colour, singing loud, partakes
In annual birth – spring is born again!

A zest anew for nascent life
Begins in floral train:
Carriage one: a snowdrop thrill;
Carriage two: the crocus;
Number three, a daffodil – dancing,
Drawing focus – as she would,
Attention seeker!

How I love our spring:
The bold and sleeker feel I get,
An inner glow, a ring!
I’ve paid the winter’s chilly debt, so
Now upon the wing!


By Mark R Slaughter


 


G 018


 


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment