Thursday 15 March 2012

Retro Geek

Did I ever mention what a retro geek I am? I adore 1960's/70s household items. I am already the owner of a blue glass fish, a plastic pineapple ice box and my shelves have 1960's champagne saucers and a large bottle of Babycham on them, to name but a few items. Lately I have had some great finds, here are a few of them, for my fellow retro geeks to look over.


I 003


 


I 002


 


JAJ Pyrex - June Rose Design. I love Pyrex, especially the vintage collections. It took me ages to decide which design I wanted to collect, but this design from the 1970's is what my parents had when I was growing up. I have just bought a matching set of casserole dishes too (photo's to follow soon). I hope to collect a full set of this crockery over time. A bit more information on Pyrex can be found HERE.


 


I 004


 


I 005


 


I 006


 


I 007


Vintage Sona Ware, aluminium tea-set, with teak handles, 1960's. I have had my eye on these for a while. Again, my parents had a set when I was growing up (I remember the sugar bowl kicking around not so long ago). There is a coffee percolator that I don't have yet, which will complete the set.


 


I 008


 


I 009


 


I 010


 


Pifco Hairdryer. Pifco made hairdryers between the 1950's and 1970's. The most common model was called 'Princess' usually in pink, with a model made for men in dark green. This was a special 1970's 3 in 1 model, fab isn't it?


 


And finally


 


I 011


 


Some very groovy orange 1970's curtains (destined for the kitchen once it has been decorated). Bought from Armstrong And Son Vintage and Retro, in Edinburgh WEBSITE.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner


 



No comments:

Post a Comment