Friday 30 March 2012

My First Yarn Along

I like the idea of a 'Yarn Along' and so many of the blogs I read join in HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


So I have decided to have a go and join in with them, this first week I have been reading A CLASH OF KINGS by GEORGE R. R. MARTIN.


1 003


This has been slow reading for me, but not because it isn't good, it is actually really good. I have been dipping into other books and sometimes I only manage a page at night before I fall asleep with the book on top of me. My eldest son bought me this copy for Christmas because I had really enjoyed the first book A GAME OF THRONES. If you like medieval history meets fantasy with a dark edge, I can really recommend these books.


And on to the knitting. I have been knitting baby things lately for the new babies coming into the family, but this little cardigan seems to be out of proportion somehow. I will finish it off though and see how it looks sewn together.


1 001


One of the pregnant mama's in particular has a real dislike for the pink for a girl, blue for a boy thing so I thought this old fashioned colour way would make a nice alternative.


RAVELRY LINK


And that's my first yarn along. What have you been reading and knitting? I do prefer recommendations to pot luck.


 


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment