Monday 2 July 2012

Monday Moan

 I have  realised that the worst day of my week is a Monday. Over the winter especially, there is a long week ahead, with no Daddy, and little chance of outdoors play, and it sometimes seems like a giant mountain to climb.
Today hasn't been too bad though, by other Mondays standards. Even despite having my monthly reminder that I am not pregnant (2nd period since Ellie was delivered), its not been too bad.
I am now about to bore you with housekeeping, so please feel free to skip to the photo at the end. I have a great housekeeping book (yep there really is a book for everything), called HOME COMFORTS. This is the only housekeeping book you would ever need, since it covers the very basics (hand washing dishes) to more complicated stuff (the production of fabrics, natural and synthetic and how to care for them). Anyway, I don't get paid to do book reviews, but I think its good. I have had the book for years but I re-read parts when I need a wee push to get things sorted out. So, in the last 24 hours I have



  • cleaned out and re-folded the linen cupboard

  • sorted a bag of clothes for the charity shop

  • sorted out old handbags for the charity shop

  • sorted out a box of books for the charity shop

  • done 4 loads of washing

  • made up my meal planner for the week

  • made a pile of odd plates and cups for the charity shop

  • varnished the floor in the lower hall (Duncan cleaned it first)


and had tonight's dinner in the pot well before dinner time (veg and tofu korma).

I have also managed to finish Oscar's new hat (pictures after blocking), and play a game of dominoes with Oscar using his new fantastic DOMINO SET (I thought he would just start with colour, but actually, he is counting the spots as well).

And finally, in other news, my baby had his hair cut on Saturday and he HATES it. Every time he looks in a mirror he whines and says 'its not longer yet'. I think it will be a loooooooooong time before we get him back to the barber.


The bad haircut



V
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment