Thursday 5 July 2012

Shorties And Longies

When I was looking on Filth Wizardry for the robot craft, I saw THIS tutorial on how to make shorts out of tea-towels. I haven't done much sewing lately and so I decided these would be non-precious enough to break me out of my sewing slump.

And here they are





The tea-towels were 3 for £1 in the pound shop, and I went for colour rather than size, which was a bit of a mistake. They are a bit too small, but for the boy who would happily be naked all day, they were fine. I am now going to look for some larger terry toweling vintage tea-towels, because how cute will that be? (I remember having orange and yellow terry shorts in the 1970's myself).

Meanwhile, since the sewing machine was out, I made these.




I made them in the same way as I made the shorts (from Filth Wizardry link above), and I think they are so cute. Oscar said he would like them to be shorter. I have some cute mushroom fabric, so after a cup of tea and a square of chocolate I think I may oblige with a shorter pair.

 

 


mushroom fabric


If I thought I could make myself a dress out of it without looking like Baby-Jane, I probably would. lol. Sewing slump over.

Valerie
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment