Wednesday 18 July 2012

My Dearest Oscar

My Dearest Oscar Casey,
                                       no matter what else happened over the course of the day, yesterday, July 17th 2012, will always be known as the day you fell down the steps in the back garden and landed face first into stinging nettles which were taller in height than you are. Mummy is so so sorry that you spent the day crying and upset, even if it did drive you to my arms again (something which is becoming rarer and rarer). I hope we never have another day like it.
                                                         Mama
                                                          xxx



eye

poor baby


Other things that happened yesterday


  • I reacted to the fall by baking some not too unhealthy cookies (recipe following)

  • Flat-pack packing boxes arrived in the post

  • I started my Christmas knitting (yes I said Christmas)

  • Oscar braved the garden later and picked me flowers

  • We cropped our garlic bulbs

  • We did not hear about the cottage yet, nerves - shreds!!

  • We were up until midnight rearranging packing boxes and furniture, so we can fit the new furniture into the lounge (even the wardrobe for now) 

  • I made a new list on Ebay called woolly woollness

COOKIES
: : 2 cups oatmeal
: : 1 cup milk (we used soya)
: : 1 cup water
: : 1/4 cup sunflower oil
: : 1 cup sultanas
(soak these ingredients together for 15 minutes)
: : 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
: : 2 teaspoons maple syrup
: : 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
: : 1 1/2 cups plain flower
Mix together and spoon onto greased baking trays, bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180c
This made us 20 good sized cookies. Because there was no sugar in the recipe we drizzled some icing over the cooled cookies. You may want to add a couple of tablespoons of sugar if you are not icing them.


cookies


Christmas Knitting




Flowers From Oscar


Garlic

garlic


And finally, lest you think I was calmly taking photo's of Oscar screaming in pain, I had already covered him in local anesthetic cream and rocked him in my arms for a solid 10 minutes before I took these photo's (which were really to show Duncan). Also, if you were to look up the definition 'freaking out mother', there you would find a picture of my started face. Thankfully I can report that he is fine today although he was crying in the night over the pain at his eye.
Valerie
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment