Thursday 10 December 2015

Busy Winter Days

Ten days already! How did that happen? Two weeks left until Christmas Eve. Being involved with church means that this can be a busy and fairly social time of year. I have my evening dresses and pearl choker dusted off in readiness.

We were babysitting for friends after school and although I am quite happy to help I was not at all sure I was up to the challenge of 4 kids at once, especially when one of the brood has extra care needed. Anyway as it turns out bless his little heart he was tired and cosied up beside me for most of the time. As for the other 3, some very expensive toys or computer games could not have kept them more occupied than some cardboard boxes.





After that we went to my Mum's for dinner, and since it was totally, totally, totally freezing outside we were extremely pleased to find hot mince and tatties ready for us when we got in.


Oscar was watching 'Home Alone' for the first time here

I finally made a decision on the Christmas tree and went to Argos after work and bought an artificial tree. No time to put it up tonight or tomorrow though, so its going to be Saturday evening at the earliest.

When we got home Oscar and I put on our onesies (his is Scooby Doo and mine is pink and white polka dot), got in to my bed and cuddled up with a Christmas story.



This is a lovely book, not least because it actually tells us that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world and we are all free to have The light shine inside us forever. I cant fail to see that light shining from my little one as we cuddle up with sweet stories on a cold winter night.
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment