Monday 14 December 2015

Cosy Days

My day off today. It was productive in short bursts, interspersed with down time manifesting as pain and tiredness. I saw my GP today who agreed my new medication for my bone condition is not working. Since the side effect of the medication can be stomach ulcers we made a joint decision to cease. I have to go for a round of blood test next Monday, go for some scans and then book in for injections (into the soles of my feet gulp!). To be honest, if it takes the pain away I would probably let them inject my eyeballs (probably!).

I had visitors in the afternoon and almost burned the soup destined to be my lunches for the next couple of days, but managed a miraculous save.


lentil tomato and jalapeno
I had planned on making breakfast muffins but by the time my guests left and I made dinner (stir fry vegetables, singapore noodles and tuna fish), I was too tired.

Oscar had a long bubble bath and came out over tired and grumpy. I had promised him play time so even though it was almost 9pm I had to relent and allow 10 minutes of play. But look at what play thing has caught his attention again (after a year and a half).




Oscar was bundled into bed with bible stories and buttered toast and cosy milk, and I ran a detox bath for myself of sea salt, eucalyptus and aloe vera gel. It was lovely and warm and very soothing on the limbs. I also managed to read a chapter of a book.




I have only read the first chapter which tells the story of the woman caught in the act of adultery. The story is from the woman's point of view and went as far as it could to give mitigating circumstances for this woman's behavior.
Having my husband whom I adored do this to me makes it a difficult sin to deal with. I understand however that it is not me he needs to be sorry to, it is the Lord our God. I am in no position to judge another's sin. 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

And on that note, its my turn for hot toast and butter and a warm drink, before I get a good and peaceful nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment