Tuesday 1 December 2015

Welcome To December

The day started with Oscar opening his Advent Calendar. I do the chocolate thing, but the same as last year I found M&S do a Nativity Scene one, which is exactly how I think it should be. Barbie, Peppa Pig and Spiderman are all well good, but the more we can bring our Savior into our celebrations the better.
And speaking of celebrations, we are going to be trying a little bit of Hanukkah this year. I have ordered a simple Hanukkah kit from Amazon (due tomorrow) and for Oscar, this lovely little book.


What I like about this book is that it covers both Hanukkah and Christmas. I find a lot of the Jewish customs very comforting for some reason. Perhaps its as simple as feeling closer to our Lord, and trying to understand the world he lived in. Slightly off topic but our women's group intend to celebrate Passover in 2016 so that will be a new and exciting first for me.

Anyway, today was a work/school day so not much to say on that front, except I made myself a skirt at work. Its somebody's birthday this week (me, me, me) and I am being given an 80's themed birthday party (and why not?), pictures to follow.

After  dinner (chili, rice, sour cream and tortilla chips), we got to work on some artwork for the party.





Oscar, of course was covered in paint, and his school clothes are rolling around in the washing machine right now. Its very rare for us all to craft together these days and honestly, despite having a numb bot from sitting on the floor, I really enjoyed myself. We had an 80's music play list on in the background and we were all singing along.

We were late for a week night coming home so after some cuddles on Mama's bed Oscar went off quite happily to bed (tonight's bedtime story was Samson and Delilah. A good bible story if ever there was one and a welcome change from Noah's Ark 73 nights in a row (I may have exaggerated that a little)

And finally I can report that my bed is getting in to the festive spirit.



Super cute, right? I bought this bedding set for a few £'s in the sales last January (from Asda). And I am off to test it out right now.
Night night and thanks for reading Blogmas Day 1
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment