Wednesday 23 November 2011

Glittering

We didn't manage playgroup yesterday, in fact we didn't manage a whole lot. Sometimes we have days or even weeks like that. Oscar is grumpy, Mama is tired, the weather is against us and we all sink into a bit of a rut. I am still in pain with my back, and the painkillers are making me tired and irritable (some people may say they cant tell the difference from usual). Oscar is grumpy too, we are still trying to get into the swing of the clocks changing. During the summer (in the country), Oscar was sleeping until 8am at least, sometimes 9am (bliss), and going to bed about 8pm. Lately he has been up at 6 - 6.30am and trying to go to sleep between 5pm and 6pm in the evening. I am not too bad at getting up in the morning, but its the tail end of the day I struggle with. By 4pm we are both very tired and VERY bad tempered. Its difficult right now to see it as a stage/phase and I have to keep telling myself it will change eventually. Oscar, technically, still needs an afternoon nap, but if he has one (he generally has to be out in the pushchair to drop off), he seems to want to sleep for hours and hours and then play all evening (its been known to have him bouncing around at midnight). Just what I need when my eyes are closing at 7pm.

We did manage the peppermint creams though, and delicious they are too, providing you like sugar.


And of course, we also managed our new daily activity -


Colour me glitter.

At the tail end of yesterday, just as the sun was sinking, Oscar decided he wanted to run around the garden with a torch, (you would be surprised how often that happens around here). Its a blessing and a curse really. It amuses him until dinner, but it also makes him even more tired when he comes into the warm for food.

Ah well, hopefully it will get better, I am thinking that Christmas is just around the corner, Daddy will be on holiday for 3 weeks over the holidays and routines would go out the window anyway (if we had one).

Right, time for fortification before we head into town. We ran out of glitter yesterday, Gasp!






pics 152

pics 146

2011-11-23 11.48.09

No comments:

Post a Comment