Friday 4 November 2011

Crafting Hands On


For now, I wanted to mention a website I stumbled across (via a Twitter link I think). Its called Hands On As They Grow and it is excellent for crafting and activity ideas.  What I like about it, is that the ideas are so simple. Sometimes the craft ideas on other sites, supposedly suitable for under 5's are far too complicated, and mama ends up doing most of it and the children wander away bored (or in Oscar's case, flinging paint/glue/glitter etc all over the place).

We have tried a few of the ideas including yarn monsters, potato printing and string painting -


Even Daddy got in on the action and Oscar and Daddy made some tin can and balloon drums.


I am still a fan of Filth Wizardry and now Oscar is a bit older I may start going back to her earlier posts (when her children were smaller), and look for age appropriate crafts.

If you enjoy/do crafting with your littlies I really would recommend both.


Valerie

xxx

pics 002

Photo 31-10-2011 08 22 17

pics 059



No comments:

Post a Comment