Tuesday 29 November 2011

Still Making Christmas

I suspect that my slow start will see me 'making Christmas' right up until Christmas Eve, but hey it wouldn't be Christmas without a good dollop of anxiety right? I have a whole cupboard filled with materials for things yet to be made, and I don't mind admitting its a daunting prospect.

Off the pins over the last couple of days have been these,


The Pickles Plain Vest knitted with Chunky Knitting Yarn 100% wool, in 'Burnt Orange'

And


The Snappy Hat knitted in Merino/cashmere mix, 'Mid Grey'.

I have to admit I like the mixed wool so much better, its much softer and nicer to knit with. The wrist-warmers I made up myself using a 4 cable stitch (I think they were size 6mm needles, and 30sts, increasing every 4th st after band for cable).

I have also managed to pick up a bargain at the charity shop.

A Gainsborough Bone China Tea Set. I have a craft idea in mind for this, which I will show you when I find the time to do it (eek, not panicking at all).

What have you guys been making? Are you keeping up with it?



knits 002

knits 003

knits 007


No comments:

Post a Comment