Thursday 3 November 2011

Is It Just Me?


I had hoped to tell you a tale of how well Oscar did alone at nursery today, but I cant, because I didn't leave him.  There is nothing 'wrong' with the nursery, but there are a few little niggles and they are enough to make me question all over again, does he really 'need' to be at nursery (he is 2yrs 10 months). 

I have been convincing myself for the last two weeks that it will be good for both of us to spend some time apart, and that is still true. Paying £50 a week for 2 mornings when I am not 100% happy seems silly though. 

I am willing to accept its just me, because we tried 4 mother and baby groups before I settled on the one we are at, and I have only 'left' Oscar 4 times (once for an evening wedding, once for a funeral and twice with my sister, to the park).  I don't really want anyone to 'take' him for me, I just wish being at home alone every day was a bit easier. I guess that's down to personality though.

I was not nearly so picky with my elder 2 children (sorry Christopher and Aimee), but I wasnt. They went to nursery so I could work and go to University, its different from coming home to load the washing machine and do a bit of knitting/sketching/cooking.

So the nursery. Well, they start to tidy up for lunch at 10.30am and the first sitting are in their chairs before 11am. Is it just me or is that odd? Oscar wont be arriving until about 9am and he will no sooner settle in then its tidy up time (he will leave at 1pm). The 2nd sitting have to sit in the corner for a story while the first sitting eat. Oscar flat out refused, he was very clear on it,

"Oscar would you like to come and sit for a story?"

"No fank you very much"

I was observing from the back and they left him to play for the half hour on his own, but told me they would train him to sit with the others eventually, none of them want to sit when first start.  I am not sure what to think about that.

Its not a bad nursery I can see that, but there are less toys than we have at home (hands up to having far too many though), and the room isn't much larger than my lounge (again, I admit its a large house). I can see Oscar getting bored pretty quickly and there were quite a lot of crying little ones who don't seem to match his development, although I have been told he is quite advanced.

So, should I wait until April until he starts nursery school at age 3, or do I give it a try. Daddy and Mummy have some talking to do.



pics 051
Valerie

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment