Wednesday 8 August 2012

The Cost Of Moving

e 001


We have moved house 3 times since last June, once in June, then in September and then again last week. The financial cost has undoubtedly ran into thousands of pounds and that annoys me when the money could have been much better spent.


Yesterday I had to see my GP (back in the city, I still need to register here), and I mentioned that I had been having dizzy spells on and off for quite a few weeks, and I had actually fainted whilst sitting on the floor the other day. 


It has only been just over 3 months since we lost the baby, and I am well aware that at 42 I am unlikely to bounce back physically like I might have done at 22 or 32. I suppose I have 'blamed' a lot of things on the pregnancy and the end of the pregnancy. My post natal bleeding has been erratic and prolonged so we discussed my haemoglobin levels and possible testing.


I have always had low Blood Pressure (it makes me prone to dizziness) so she wasn't too concerned about my Blood Pressure, but she checked it anyway. My normal BP range is 110-115/70-75, yesterday it was 153/110.  I was fairly shocked, even though high BP runs in my family (my maternal Grandmother died at 57 from a heart attack, related to consistent HYPERTENSION).


I have been given some pills (to be slipped under my tongue to dissolve), which I should take if I feel dizzy. She told me to eat well, take plenty of walks in the fresh air and try and relax as much as possible.  I am hoping this is a temporary thing brought on by the move, and that when we test again next week it will be back to my usual low levels.


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment