Friday 17 August 2012

A Different Kind Of Spiral

Yesterday we decided to make our own ice-cream, something I have never done before. I was a waitress in an ice-cream parlour as a teen and I think it probably put me off making my own. Anyway, it turns out its really easy, with the hard bit being the looooooooong wait for it to set, particularly if you are 3 years old.


 


homemade icecream


Banana's, strawberries, grapes, honey and coconut milk


 


homemade icecream


Still not set


So to pass (some of) the time we brought out Mama's new old toy. If you are over 30 years old see if you can guess what it is from the first picture.


 


spirograph


Yes? No?


Its Spirograph, a fun activity for all the family


 


spirograph


 


spirograph


 


spirograph


 


spirograph


It turns out Oscar really likes it, especially sticking the pins in to the outer wheels to get them in place. I cant tell you how happy it made me, that after 40 years a child was still getting enjoyment out of this set, I LOVED my own Spirograph as a child, and I do indeed remember my Dad playing with it too, for demonstration purposes only I expect (not).


As you can see though, our work was a bit shonky, I think we need some more practise.


 


spirograph


 


spirograph


Have A Lovely Weekend Everyone


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment