Saturday 27 October 2012

Capturing Your Grief - Project Heal - Link


 


Day 27. Artwork Share some artwork that reminds you of your baby/ies/child/ren or something that was created for them by you or someone else.


I have recently hung a canvas print from Gustav Klimt, Mother and Child detail, from The Three Ages Of Woman. Having lost 4 babies  over the last 2 years I have felt very disconnected and afraid of my fertility. I am 42 now and the fear that the choice to end my procreative period of life isn't my own conscious one is quite terrifying.  


The full painting (not as popular as the detail) can be seen HERE and shows the young female child being held by the mother with the crone standing beside them, hovering I speculate? 


I guess its quite symbolic of my current mood, although I have always liked the detail, since I looked at Klimt's work when I was at art school (many many moons ago).


 


Mother and Child detail from The Three Ages of Woman



No comments:

Post a Comment