Wednesday 10 October 2012

October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month
LINK


Day 10. Symbol Do you have a symbol for your baby/ies/child/ren? It could be a butterfly, dragonfly, a humming-bird, dolphin, seashell, share what it is and why it is so symbolic to you.


In the large and heartbreaking world of baby-loss, symbols do seem to appropriate themselves, with the most popular ones being angels, doves, butterflies and fairies, (as far as I can tell). For those of you who know me, you will know that I am terrified of birds, and therefore have a general dislike for most winged things (except possibly fairies).  Ellie Rose was partly named after my Grandma Rose, and the Rose part is an important part of her name and so it just developed that a pink Rose would be the symbol I would associate with my baby.


 



Symbol
Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment