Wednesday 9 May 2012

Knitting : :


20 016


Do you remember I said HERE that I was making baby/newborn hats, well I am still making them. I have had to play about a lot with size and yarn, but I am finally happy with them and I have 3 designs lined up for selling. In light of recent events, I have decided to donate a percentage of hat sales to The Babyloss Organisation. I have chosen them, because they are an umbrella for many organisations, and donations go to :


ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices)


Babyloss


The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust


The Miscarriage Association


SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society)


I will provide more information on the hats soon, I am setting up an etsy shop at the moment.


Reading : :


20 017


I dont think I am quite ready to deal with a book about babyloss which is all fact and no witt, so when I read the start of this book on Amazon I thought it would help me, since it is both witty and heartbreaking at the same time.


The authors baby died at 41 weeks of pregnancy while her and her husband were living in France and although the circumstances are very far removed from mine, I can certainly relate to many aspects of it.


What made me laugh when I thought it was impossible?


: :


"The french word for midwife is 'sage-femme', wise woman. This particular 'wise woman' was a teenager, checking items off a list.


Did you want to speak to a...


'Excusez-moi?' Edward said, and cocked an ear.


'Une femme religieuse', said the midwife. A religieuse woman. Ah


Here is what she said:


Voulez-vous parler a une nonne?


Which means would you like to speak to a nun.


But Edward heard:


Voulez-vous parler a un naine?


Which means, Would you like to speak to a dwarf?


When he told this to his friend Claudia, she said, "My god! You must have thought, That's the last thing I need!"


: :


Oh yes and I wanted to just add to clarify


Stillbirth 


Definition


A stillbirth is defined as the death of a fetus at any time after the twentieth week of pregnancy. Stillbirth is also referred to as intrauterine fetal death.


Miscarriage 


Definition


Miscarriage means loss of an embryo or fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. Most miscarriages occur during the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. The medical term for miscarriage is spontaneous abortion.


Now I know there is a difference, but ! my baby was not a spontaneous abortion. She was a tiny little person with a tiny little heart which was beating for as long as it could (we saw it and we have a scan photo from that day).  And nothing about Ellie's death was spontaneous.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner














No comments:

Post a Comment