Tuesday 15 May 2012

Cake And Class

It was a funny old birthday for Duncan yesterday, and at some point in the future I will give him a 36th birthday over again. I am fairly tearful right now (hormone crash?), and I am afraid it got the better of me a few times over the day.


Still, I managed cake.


2 011


: :


2 014


: :


Oscar has been poorly though, which I suspect is down to sharing the germ love during his first week at nursery. He has been running a temp since Saturday evening and over the course of the day yesterday he was overcome with snot. He had a go at the cake, but in the end he only really ate the frosting.


2 016


 


For better or worse I decided to go to my life drawing class last night. I have had a huge urge to draw and paint these last couple of weeks. I expect it is a way to get my feelings out without an explosion (depending on the painting of course).


I was fairly nervous having missed so many weeks, and I was even more nervous that someone would ask if I had been ill. I was just 4 or 5 weeks pregnant the last time I took the class. No one asked though, although I think that was out of politeness because the nice old ladies there do like to gossip.


The drawing was good, although the drawings themselves were rough. I really enjoyed thinking about drawing instead of the endless ticker-tape of grief. There are only 2 classes left until the summer break, which is a real shame. I am in the process of making a studio space for myself though, because I am determined to make time in my life for my passions.


 


2 018


: :


2 020


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner





No comments:

Post a Comment