Tuesday 20 December 2011

Too Many Tasks

When I woke up yesterday I had a mental list of all the things still needing done before the weekend and the list was huge. Finish making presents, finish buying presents, wrap the already bought and made presents, finish posting Christmas Cards and send one parcel. Check the glasses and cutlery for Christmas day. Go over and amend the grocery list, shop for the grocery list, buy trinkets to put in the crackers, make the crackers, do the banking, cook some food for dinners, clean the house from top to bottom and on and on and on.

Quite frankly on a cold wet Monday I found the whole thing far too overwhelming. So Oscar and I played with the Winter table instead.

Duncan thinks my 'old father winter' looks like a yeti so perhaps I will have to put off my million tasks and make another one? Ok, so maybe not.

I was very tired all day but after dinner, Oscar went to bed early (for him), because he fell asleep sitting beside me on the sofa at 7.30pm, so I found the last push of energy and finished these.

The owl hat only needed one ear stitched on and the beak knitted. The grey beanie needed the ends sewn in, the bow scarf needed the second bow end finished and the ends sewn in and the slouch hat needed sewn up and the ends sewn in. All in all it was only a couple of hours work and so worth the effort because that's 4 things ready for wrapping. Duncan used the time to fill my teacups with candle wax and tidy up a bit (pictures of the cup-candles to follow when they are done).

Today Oscar and I are going into town to finish the shopping and do the banking, and the groceries are being delivered on Thursday morning. We are getting there, slowly but surely, we are getting there.



10 017

makes

11 004

No comments:

Post a Comment