Tuesday 24 April 2012

Babies I CAN   COPE  WITH,  after all, whats it all about if you don't have a reminder of why its actually worth it. Pregnant ladies, NOT  SO  MUCH, I am not jealous, or wishing anyone's baby away, its just too hard right now, to feel so pregnant without a baby to look forward to.  So while I have been avoiding some blogs I am trying to fill my time in other ways.


I am still having morning sickness, and in fact, yesterday was really bad. I had heard that overpowering morning sickness is a 'good' sign, but I know better now don't I. Its difficult to accept though I have to say. Duncan said it so succinctly last night when he said , 'we have been hanging on to hope for so many weeks, its difficult to let go'. And that's it in a nutshell.


I have joined the Miscarriage Association, and been on the forums there, and I have received some good advise regarding the weekend. It was only recently that I discovered (in my ignorance), that babies past 8 weeks gestation can be delivered tiny but whole. I had pushed that thought away because when you are trying for a baby or just pregnant you don't want to think about it. Now I know what to expect thanks to a lovely online friend and the forum ladies, I don't feel so unsure ( still terrified though). We have also received some emails from The Miscarriage Association regarding our options for the baby after delivery.


Anyway, I have been in the kitchen cooking, both with Oscar and by myself.


15 013
Oscar's cakes : Jane Asher cupcake kit


 


15 027
The long awaited {chocolate and lavender pie}


Which I couldn't eat because every time I smell it I want to heave, which is no reflection on the pie because Oscar and Aimee say its YUM.


 


15 028

Blueberry Cookies - I managed to eat these


Meanwhile, Duncan is still making the daily loaf


15 012


 


And Oscar is eating everything which comes out of the kitchen


 


15 015


15 034


 


I have also made up a really fast and easy hat pattern.


 


15 017


 


15 023


Sorry about the seriously dodgy photo's, here is a better one


 


15 031
James C Brett Aran yarn in Monsoon


I am making another slight variation (I have Game Of Thrones to watch in bed and a tub of pringles to keep my knitting company tonight). I may get around to publishing it as a free pattern, maybe.


And finally, I have made this tiny white baby blanket in pure wool. I don't want to say too much about that at the moment, but it felt good to do something practical/physical.


 


15 030


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment