Tuesday 17 April 2012

Comfort Zone

 


13 003


 


I haven't managed any baking in the last few weeks, but I guess it was only a matter of time, and when I saw a recipe involving banana's, muesli and lemon icing, that was my motivation to do a bit of baking last night. Morning sickness or not, cakes are always within my remit.


Banana & muesli slice


INGREDIENTS

100g butter

¾ cup firmly packed raw caster sugar

1 cup self-raising flour

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 ½ cups full fruit muesli

2 large bananas, mashed

Lemon glace icing

1 ¼ cups icing sugar mixture

2 tablespoons lemon juice

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Grease and line a 19 x 29cm slice pan with baking paper, extending 5cm over each long side.

2. Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and cinnamon, muesli and bananas. Spread mixture evenly over base of prepared pan.

3. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Stand at room temperature until cold enough to ice.

4. To make lemon glace icing, sift icing sugar mixture into a bowl then slowly stir in enough juice to form a paste. Spread icing over slice and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon if desired. 

 


 


13 002
Yummy-Yum

And on to my other favorite thing, knitting baby things. As much as I would like to knit for myself right now, its just not a good idea. But I do love knitting little teeny things, so I have decided to knit some little hats and booties to sell on Etsy. I have never tried selling anything before, but I certainly have the time right now to give it a go. And since I have been spending WAY too much on Ebay lately, I wouldn't mind recouping some cash.


The prototypes


Newborn Hat

13 004



Newborn Booties

13 009



How cute and titchy are they? I have made a 0-3 months set in cream too and I am trying different colour ways right now.



13 011


Right, back to knitting on the sofa and watching obsessively for the postman. Do you know I couldn't get any dried lavender with my grocery shop, so I had to order some on line. Why? Cake of course {chocolate lavender pie}

Valerie

xxx

Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment