Friday 13 April 2012

Yarn Along And Some Rambles

There seems to be a trend in blogland for shawls right now, and when I saw this one HERE and HERE and HERE, well, I thought, why not. I have actually made 2 small shawls this year already and I enjoyed the straight forward knitting of them.


Here are the 2 I made already.


Green shawl


10 002
Please excuse my big bum, I have to keep it because it matches the rest of me ;)


And here is my progress so far this week on the new one.


10 007


10 008

And on to the book. I am still reading George R.R. Martin, but at the same time I have a few others on the go, including this one.


10 003


AMAZON LINK


Maybe a bit odd under the circumstances (see previous 2 posts), but this book was a gift for Mothers Day (bet you didn't know Oscar could go to WH Smith and buy a book by himself did you). This is very easy reading and quite close to the TV programme of the same name which I had seen first and really enjoyed. There are some sad parts in this book and the deprivation is certainly a reminder of how lucky we have it these days.


*Still no change here, still resting and hoping and waiting*


Have a lovely weekend.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment