Wednesday 4 September 2013

Balmy

18.07.2013

To counterbalance the significant amount of moaning I did over the winter concerning the cold and wet, I thought I should make mention here, that it has been warm here. Hot even, one might say.  The sun has not always been in full view but it has been warm most days. 
Oscar has been having a rare old time running around in not much clothes (the optimal dress code for any pre-schooler it would seem).

47
Still With The Wellies - It is Scotland you know!


We still have Oscar sleeping in our bed from the middle of the night to the morning, a legacy from co-sleeping. I love it when he climbs in beside us, does a contented little sigh and snuggles off to sleep. Mostly though we have all been far too hot and Duncan and I have spent a fair portion of our precious sleep time removing a restless boys limbs from our faces.

39

Today we will be sitting in a lovely air conditioned Cinema watching MONSTERS UNIVERSITY. Oscar has only been to the cinema a couple of times and he was a bit nervous of sitting in the dark. He also found the sound levels quite difficult to get used to. We are going with friends (mine and his) so I am hoping he will enjoy it more this time (it has been 5 months since the last time).  If only he was old enough to see THIS movie, which I have heard is really great. 
Ack well, if he doesn't enjoy Monsters University we can come home and he can go back to his latest weather induced hobby, keeping an eye on the monstrous spiders (by Scotland's standards) who seem to want to hang out with us.

48
(FYI - Missionaries may be fearless when it comes to walking the streets, trying to share the Gospel, but it turns out that sharing a room with a huge spider, not so much lol).

Please leave me a comment in the comments section after each post, it's nice to know I am not talking to myself
Valerie
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Melonie K. said:
    Yes, I'm not a fan of the scorpions - or any arachnids, anyway, but definitely not these. We haven't seen any since, praise be! I sure hope it will stay that way. LOL That is awesome that your ward is such a good fit. We move every few years for my husband's job and I grew up that way, so it's not too bad, but you do miss friends, of course. Technology makes it easier at least. :) I came over to ask your Rav name - I haven't found you on your name yet. Or just add me if it's easier, ravenwrites74. I am phasing out Facebook so I haven't "friended" you there. Now my FB time is my Ravelry time - which could be bad at the yarn shop, with the patterns I'm finding! LOL
    Reply | Edit | View | 31 Jul 2013 on Balmy
    PublishedSelect Status

    Valerie Hannan-Beattie
    Valerie Hannan-Beattie said:
    Eek don't fancy the scorpions much. We normally only have small spiders here, so I guess it must be the heat bringing them out. So glad you are liking your new ward :) I would miss my ward if we moved. Valerie xxx
    Reply | Edit | View | 25 Jul 2013 on Balmy
    PublishedSelect Status

    Melonie K.
    Melonie K. said:
    hahaha Our boy spends a lot of these hot days in his undies as well. I can't argue, it means I can keep the air conditioning set a bit higher and save the electric bill some. Too funny about the spiders. Ours are coming out in droves again. Last week we had a good few days' rain and prior to that, scorpions trying to muck about in the house. A neighbor who has lived here (middle Texas) several decades informed me that the scorpions come in when there's rain to come - she says you can count on it 3 days from when you have them as they don't like the pressure changes. We were grateful for the rain, as it is MUCH needed, but would much rather be without 4 scorpions in 48 hours. *shudder* I've yet to get over to Ravelry and friend you there - I'm sorry! Heading there next. :) Oh - love your necklace from your new post about Church outfits! We went and checked out the new ward here. Very nice folks. It was nice to start getting to know them.

    ReplyDelete