Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along


My very first yarn along, since moving the blog over to 'A Mormon Mama' If you are not familiar with yarn along, its a blog hop from all around the internet, where participants tell others about the books they are reading and the knitting and crochet work they are doing. It is a great way to get ideas for yarn work and to see what others are reading and enjoying, or not enjoying. If you click the image above it will take you to Ginny's blog Small Things, which is where the links are posted.
READING
9
I know this may seem a little like advertising (considering the title of this blog), but these are honestly the books I am reading right now. Because I am at the beginning of my journey into faith I really don't have time or head-space for anything else right now. I expect I will be reading these books for the rest of my life, but maybe with a little less intensity than I am right now. 
[As an aside, if you would like to request a free copy of the Book Of Mormon, you can do so HERE]

KNITTING
10

My 4 year old son Oscar is completely crazy about the cartoon show Scooby Doo. He has amassed quite a bizarre collection of outfits over the last year, so that he can dress up as members of the Scooby Gang. One notable exception was a white jumper (to dress as Freddy), and so he asked me to knit one for him. Since this item is destined to end up in the dress up box, I have used inexpensive white wool, and I am also using a very basic pattern (this one HERE). I have knitted up the front and the back fairly quickly and I will start on the sleeves tonight. Pictures of Oscar as Freddy Jones to follow.

Freddy
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment