Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along & An Old Fashioned Kind Of Day

01.08.2013




Crochet
This week I have not finished Kat's crochet camp project, but it is coincidentally similar to something I have been making.


6


On Saturday, I made this cute little flower for my hair, using a You Tube tutorial. I wanted something to match my new straw handbag, and as you can see from the picture above, I did a pretty good job at colour matching.  You can find the tutorial I used HERE, but to be honest there are quite a few tutorials online to choose from.
I wore this flower in my hair (on the side using bobby pins to secure it), to church on Sunday, and the Sister Missionaries (see yesterdays post), loved it.  With that in mind I set about making some more flowers for the Sisters, which they can either put in their hair with bobby pins or pin on to their jackets as a brooch. I do hope they like them.


7



Reading

1



These little books are SO cute, but they are more of a novelty read than an informative read. I did enjoy flipping through them, and they will no doubt be used in reference when I need to whip up some scones or get a stain out of a blouse.

Since the day was looking a bit retro with war-time books and hair flower crochet, I did what any good wife would do. I put the dinner on the stove on a low heat, tied a head scarf on........


2



And went to meet my husband off the train after his hard day at work


3



4




5



He was surprised to find us waiting there, and it made his day.
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Melonie K. said:
    How pretty! Love the flowers and I'm sure the Sisters did as well. Your hair looks so cute up like that. I was just looking at kerchiefs today on Ravelry, thinking I'd try the opposite (down, but covered). My Nana used to meet my grandfather at the train - for 30 years he took the train to and from New York City and she was there most days to drop him off and pick him up. Bet your hubby was thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete