Wednesday 4 September 2013

Sunday Best

08.07.2013

If you have read back over my blog, you may have noticed that I am a great believer in charity shopping, or thrifting (as it is called in America). As a teenager I hung out with some of the 'arty' crowd and so began a life long habit of buying clothes in 2nd hand shops (originally to the great annoyance of my parents).
Lately I have made some complaints about the price and availability of 2nd hand items in the plus size range, but I guess I have to take it all back because 2 weeks in a row I have found exactly what I have been looking for, in my exact size.  Last week I bought a Clements Ribeiro red dress from The British Heart Foundation for £6.99 to wear to church, and here is what I wore this week to church.

4
*

6
*

5
*

13
*

11
*

12
*

3
*

Black Dress - Moda - £6.50 - Charity Shop * Black Quilted Bag - New Look - Charity Shop - £2.95 * Basket Bag - Old From Primark * Vintage Spider Brooch - Ebay - £4.00 * Gold Signet Ring - Initialed 'L.H.' belonged to my Grandad Lawrence Hannan * Small Boy In His Sunday Best - Priceless*

No comments:

Post a Comment