Wednesday 4 September 2013

Things I Learnt In June (link-up)

28.06.2013

Things You Learn In June 

1.
I learnt that even when times are hard, there is someone to turn to who knows how deeply we can love and how deeply we can  hurt.

"In the case of our Father, the knife was not stayed, but it fell, and the life’s blood of his Beloved Son went out. His Father looked on with great grief and agony over his Beloved Son, until there seems to have come a moment when even our Savior cried out in despair: 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?'

"In that hour I think I can see our dear Father behind the veil looking upon these dying struggles until even he could not endure it any longer; and, like the mother who bids farewell to her dying child, has to be taken out of the room, so as not to look upon the last struggles, so he bowed his head, and hid in some part of his universe, his great heart almost breaking for the love that he had for his Son. Oh, in that moment when he might have saved his Son, I thank him and praise him that he did not fail us, for he had not only the love of his Son in mind, but he also had love for us. I rejoice that he did not interfere, and that his love for us made it possible for him to endure to look upon the sufferings of his Son and give him finally to us, our Savior and our Redeemer. Without him, without his sacrifice, we would have remained, and we would never have come glorified into his presence. And so this is what it cost, in part, for our Father in Heaven to give the gift of his Son unto men" (Elder Melvin J. Ballard, "The Sacramental Covenant," Delivered at a June Conference; printed in Bryant S. Hinckley, Sermons and Missionary Services of Melvin Joseph Ballard, Deseret Book Co., 1949, pp. 147–57)


2. I learnt that even when we know better, we still take things for granted.
My husband lost his job of 6 years, without any notice what so ever. Luckily we held fast and he started a new job within 2 weeks of losing the old one.

train ride home
Commute home on the train



 3. I learnt that saying goodbye to someone you have grown to love, is on the list of things that do NOT get any easier as we get older.
74The Missionary who baptised me, Elder Butikofer, has moved on to a new Ward in Dublin, Ireland


4. I learnt that a text message with only 9 characters can have so much meaning.
Moroni 8:3
3 I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite  goodness and  grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.


5. I learnt that mormon.org have  live chat facilities to chat with a missionary.
Link To Chat please only use it if you are seriously interested in the church.



6. I learnt that we are all diverse in many wonderful ways. 
And even though my go-to food when I have been poorly is tomato soup, I shouldnt judge anyone for having strawberry jelly as their comfort food.
75


7. I learnt that my eldest son and his girlfriend are quite cute together.

76


8. I learnt that there are so many people out there who are lit up by the Gospel (just the way I feel I am)



9. I learnt that Missionaries play rounders with their hands in their pockets - 
79
But that they don't play football (soccer at all)

77


10. I learnt that my baby goes to sleep holding a picture of the savior and it is one of the sweetest things in the whole world.

82
Linking Up With Chatting At The Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment